! IB/AP Exam Registration
The combined IB and AP exam registration will begin on October 1st and conclude on November 2nd. This is an online registration process. Please go to the Honors Program page on the Fairview website for information.
! Attention Seniors! Thursdays-College App Help in Counseling!
Every Thursday during CAT time, 11:05-11:45am FHS counselors are in the College & Career Center helping students individually with the admissions process. Do you need help with your college applications? Do you have questions regarding your essays? Would you like help with the Common Application or other college admission issues? Stop in the CCC on Thursday during CAT and find our Fairview Counselors helping students with application details and the admissions process. Hope to see you there!
! Sr. Financial Aid Night 10/5, PSAT, College Visits and MORE!
- Important! Seniors should attend Financial Aid Night October 5 @ 6:00pm at FHS! See info here.
- To sign up for the October 15 PSAT/NMSQT, see the counseling webpage here.
- College representatives begin visiting Fairview during the first week of September and continue throughout the year. The biggest concentration of visits are during the week of September 26-30. Many college fairs take place in the metro area this fall. For info on these important events and topics, see the Fairview counseling webpage here.
! Junior Poms
Registration/Payment: All registration and payments are now done ONLINE! We made it easier this year for kids to participate.
Date: Saturday, October 15
Time: 1-4pm (check-in @ 12:45)
Where: Fairview HS Main gym
Performance: Friday, October 21st @ Fairview vs. Mullen football game Halftime
Price: $60 $70 after 10/3 Walk-ins accepted on day of clinic for $70.
! BVSD Login Changes
BVSD IT has decided to change the usernames of all students which will be effective on August 8th at 10:00am. This change will affect computer logins, BVSD emails, and Infinite Campus logins. Passwords will not be affected and emails sent to old BVSD emails will be received September 30th or December 31st for students in 11th and 12th grades.
Usernames will now become fmlastname## (with an @bvsd.org for emails) in which
• f is the first letter of your first name
• m is the first letter of your middle name
• lastname is up to 16 letters of your last name
• ## is two digits which will be 01 for the majority of students. For duplicate names, the digits will be 02, 03, etc.
• Students with a middle name can have up to 20 characters in their name, while students without a middle name can have up to 19.
• John Quincy Adams would be jqadams01
• John Adams (no middle name) would be jadams01
• John Muchlongerlastname (no middle name) would be jmuchlongerlastna01
• Another John Muchlongerlastname (no middle name) would be jmuchlongerlastna02
! First Semester Finals Schedule
First Semester Finals Schedule
Block times for all four days of finals
*8:05 – 9:25 AM Tutoring time / makeup testing
9:30 - 11:30 AM Testing Block #1
11:30 – 12:25 PM LUNCH BLOCK
12:30 – 2:30 PM Testing Block #2
Finals Week Schedule
12/12 Monday – Periods 2 and 8
12/13 Tuesday – Periods 3 and 6
12/14 Wednesday – Periods 1 and 7
12/15 Thursday – Periods 4 and 5
*12/16 Friday – Makeup day & Teacher grading day
*Makeup test times must be pre-scheduled with your student’s teacher in order to take a makeup exam.