BVSD has recently made the transition to Google Apps to handle email. Your old Outlook Exchange email will no longer receive new emails, and you currently cannot access your new Gmail account until you reset your BVSD password.
This is relevant to the Fairview website because we use your BVSD email address to send you notifications from the Classroom, messages from teachers, and reset passwords.
Fortunately, it is easy to activate your new Gmail account to begin receiving emails:
Instructions for Account Activation
- ENROLL — Before you Reset your password, you must Enroll in Password Manager. Click here to Enroll. Be sure to Enroll with your BVSD username (the one you use to sign in to computers, with no bvsd\ and no @bvsd.org) and your computer login password (which may be different from your Fairview website password).
- RESET — After you Enroll, you can Reset your password. Your new password should be strong with at LEAST eight characters and with three of the following: uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number, and symbol. After you Reset your password, you will be able to sign in to Google using your BVSD username and password.
- SIGN IN — To sign in to your new Google account and start using Gmail, visit the sign-in page and enter your BVSD email address ('[your BVSD username]' + '@bvsd.org') and the password you just created.
If you run into any problems, please feel free to contact us. Also, you may want to look at many of the great resources BVSD has prepared for the transition:
Help! I can't keep all these accounts and passwords straight!
Your BVSD/Gmail account is distinct from your Fairview website account. Changing your BVSD password will affect the information that you use to log in to the following:
- Computers at school
- The wireless network at school
- Your BVSD Gmail email address
Your BVSD account does not affect the following:
- The Fairview website
- Your Infinite Campus account
The FHS Web Team does not have control over your BVSD accounts. We cannot reset your BVSD passwords or otherwise change anything in your accounts for you.