Computer Science/Applied Technology Requirement
All students must have 5 credits in Computer Science or Applied Technology in grades 6-12 to graduate. If a student meets the computer science/applied technology requirement in grades 6-8, 220 credits are still needed for graduation.
At Fairview High School, students have two options available in order to fulfill this graduation requirement:
Completing one of the following FHS courses fulfills the Computer Science/Applied Technology requirement and the 5 credit Practical Experience graduation requirement:
Visual Arts Courses
- A110 Digital Art and Design
- A111 Digital Art and Design 2
Language Arts Elective Courses
- LE2 Journalism: Newspaper 1
- LE4 Intermediate Journalism: Newspaper 2
- LE6 Advanced Journalism: Newspaper 3
- LE7 Yearbook 1
- LE11 Yearbook 2
- LE12 Yearbook 3
Practical Arts: Business and Marketing Courses
- B60 Business Management
- I27 IB Business SL/HL
Practical Arts: Computer Courses
- D87 Internet/WEB Application
- I23 IB Computer Science Java SL/HL
- V45 Career Digital Arts (CTE Boulder)
- V55 3D Animation/Game Design (Formerly offered at CTE Boulder)
- V61 Computer Information Systems (CTE Boulder)
- V63 Web and Gaming Applications (CTE Boulder)
- D93 AP Computer Science Principles Sem 1
- D94 AP Computer Science Principles Sem 2
* Formerly offered at Fairview High School.
Students can also show completion of one of the following Middle School courses
(This does not waive the requirement of 5 credits of Practical Experience in grades 9-12).
- J20 T.I.D.E. (Technology-Innovation-Design-Engineering, formerly Applied Technology)
- PA7 (previously J23) Gateway to Technology 1 *
- PA8 (previously J24) Gateway to Technology 2 *
- TECH 20
- TEAT Applied TECH/Multimedia **
- TERO Basic Robotics **
- TERA Advanced Robotics **
- D06 Exploring Computers
- D07 Computer Power
- D08 Multimedia Productions
- D09 Internet World
- TEWB Web Publishing **
- TECHMS Research & Info. Tech.
* Formerly offered at BVSD middle schools.
** Any two of these Summit MS quarter classes are required to satisfy the graduation requirement.