Work Study and Other Jobs
Federal Work-Study - Work on Campus!
Federal Work-Study provides part-time employment to students receiving federally funded financial aid. This is a great way to help pay for your education if you qualify.
- Apply for Federal Work-Study early since schools that participate have a first come, first-served program. Do it early!
- Start the process by filing your FAFSA. Students must file a their FAFSA as part of the application process for work study.
- Work Study is awarded on a needs basis, determined by your FAFSA.
- The amount you earn can’t exceed your total Federal Work-Study award.
- Check with the college’s financial aid office to find out if the school participates in a work study program.
- Undergraduate students are paid at least the federal minimum wage.
You can go to your institution's student employment office to inquire about other employment opportunities. These jobs do not require that you file the FAFSA.