Boulder Elks Lodge and Pool- Lifeguard Job 2019View All Opportunities
Email: [email protected]
Email Contact Name: Sally-Ann
Must be 15 years old and able to commit for the full summer season
- Saturday through Thursday, 12:15pm-7:15pm,
- Fridays 12:15pm - 8:30pm
- Compensation: $11.10/hr - $14.25/hr based on experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take proper safety precautions, anticipate unsafe circumstances; act accordingly to prevent accidents and injuries; ensure the safety of participants, facilities and equipment.
- Guard swimming areas and observe swimmers to ensure safety, order and discipline of participants, and/or players, and/or customers.
- Be adept at communicating effectively and confidently with coworkers, customers, and the public, including children and adults.
- Enforce rules, regulations, and policies; maintain safety, order and discipline of participants, and/or players, and/or customers.
- Perform general housekeeping and maintenance duties in pool area: check pool readings and adjusts chemical levels as needed.
- Work as part of a team, attending training, orientation and/or staff meetings as needed.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- American Red Cross Certifications
- CPR for Lifeguards
- First Aid
- Lifeguard Training
- Ability to speak/write/understand English
- Ability to evaluate conditions in assigned area and make judgments related to safety
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to stand, walk and kneel in the performance of assigned tasks
- Clean and neat appearance
- Current lifeguard certification and ongoing ability to pass all certification components
- Effective interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Tactful and effective communication skills
- Have and maintain acceptable background information, including criminal conviction history
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (in addition to the required minimum qualifications)
- Previous experience as a Lifeguard
- Previous experience as a Water Safety Aide
- AED training