Welcome to the Dean's Corner! Here you can find information regarding our attendance and discipline policies as well as some other key information regarding student success.
About the Dean:
My name is Taryl Smith. I am new to the faculty of Fairview High School this year but not new to education. During my tenure as an educator, I've taught Spanish, Language Arts, ESL, 8th grade science, and GED courses.
Click here fthe or a detailed overview of the attendance policy.
Top 5 Attendance Reminders:
- Parents may not excuse students for single period or partial day absences. Documentation (doctor's/dentist note, court document, etc..) is required to excuse single period or partial day absences.
- If a student is more than 5 minutes late to a class they will be marked absent by their teacher.
- If a student gets sick in the middle of the day, they need to see the school nurse in order to be excused to go home.
- Parents can excuse their student up to 10 times without documentation. After 10 call-ins, documentation is required.
- Teachers are not required to accept work for absences that are marked as unexcused.
Detailed Academic Honesty Policy under "Files" on the right side of the page.
All Fairview students are expected to respond to academic challenges with the highest degree of integrity and honesty, which means fulfilling assignments and/or exams in the manner in which they are intended and not participating in any behavior that gains an unfair advantage for any student.
The Fairview High School Honor Pledge:
On my honor, I have neither given nor received unauthorized assistance as described in the Academic Honesty Code on this work and I have fully acknowledged the work and ideas of others.
Statewide anonymous reporting system