Tryout Information 2020-21
Cheerleading is a year-long sport that attends all home/away football games and home basketball games as well as local cheer competition from October - December.
Cheer tryouts have finally been scheduled for July 7-10! Please follow the link to register for tryouts.
July 7 and 8 Cheer CLinics 8-10am
July 10 Cheer Tryouts 8-10am
Location for all clinics and tryouts: The Softball Field at Fairview HS
What to Wear
- Wear comfortable, athletic clothing and shoes
- Wear a mask that fits well, and is breathable and comfortable
- Wear sunscreen as we will be out in the sun
- Bring a water bottle and be sure to eat before clinics begin, if needed
- If you do not have cheer shoes, please wear running/workout shoes
- Casual sneakers are not ideal.
- Candidates must wear solid colored shorts and a white t-shirt with cheer/athletic shoes
- Small logos and shorts with trim are acceptable. No phrases or graphics on tops/shorts.
- Any colored bow is acceptable (not required)
- Candidates will randomly draw and be given numbers to wear the day of tryouts
** Absolutely no jewelry can be worn at clinics, tryouts, or throughout the season. Hair should be up in a neat ponytail or bun, out of your face. Fingernails should be trimmed to a short length. **
Students must register to participate in clinics and tryouts. They are closed to the public.
Clinic July 7th
- Motion Drill (Basic cheer motions)
- Band Dance (short dance)
- Cheer (Sideline/game day cheer)
Clinic July 8th
- Review: Motion Drill, Dance, Cheer
- Jumps (Learn multiple jumps and counts for tryouts)
- Review and practice tryout material in socially distanced groups
- Randomly draw numbers for tryouts
Tryouts July 10th
- Candidates will tryout in groups of 3-4 for the coaches
Candidates will be evaluated on the following material:
- Band Dance
- Sideline Cheer
- Tumbling (Optional)
- Overall Spirit
- Coachable attitude