The Fairview Mountain Bike Team, which races and practices in the Fall, is a rapidly growing sport at Fairview. The team has grown from 2 riders in 2010 to 45 riders in 2015.
- 2nd place State Champions in 2015 & 2014 & 3rd place 2013
- 2nd Place North Conference 2015
- Season: Beginning of August till end of October
- Practices: Tuesdays & Thursdays after school for 2 hrs and some on the weekends
- 5 League Races on Weekends throughout Colorado
- 866 riders in 2015 from 58 schools
- 175 female riders in 2015
- Fees charged to participate: the team is self-funded and does not receive any support from the school or BVSD
- Basic Mountain Bike skills are required
The Fairview Mountain Bike Team practices are led by coaches Andy Feeney, Steve Noel, Frankie Benning, Ted Benning, Justin Noel, and Scott Livingstone. During the practices the coaches teach riding skills, bike maintenance, bike safety, trail etiquette, sport etiquette, nutrition, race preparation & strategy not to mention they just ride. The coaches' goal for the team is to have fun in a safe and supportive environment. The team is associated with the Colorado High School Cycling League (www.coloradomtb.org) and is governed by the league's rules. The Colorado High School Cycling League is part of the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) (www.nationalmtb.org).
If you are interested please contact [email protected] or visit Coach Andy Feeney in Room 408
FOR UP TO DATE INFORMATION: Go to the Fairview HS Mountain Bike Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/fhsmtbteam