2022 Varsity Letter Requirements
A Varsity Letter is an award earned for excellence in school activities after meeting the following criteria.
Freshman & Sophomore Athletes:
Athlete qualifies and races in the state championship and places on the podium in any league race. Earning a varsity letter as a freshman or sophomore is challenging, and only a small percentage of the team qualify each year.
Junior Varsity & Varsity Athletes:
Athlete qualifies and races in state championships.
Criteria for all Athletes:
- 6 Hours Community Service - athlete completes 6 hours of volunteer work related to the biking community or trail advocacy, coach approved.
- 2 Hours Colorado League Service - athlete volunteers 2 hours for the Colorado Cycling League at a race or at the League headquarters in Boulder.
- Consistently attends practices & team functions, has a positive attitude, and communicates well with coaches.
- Follows Rules - athlete always follows team and Colorado League rules and safety guidelines and acts as a good ambassador for the sport, league, and high school.
- Good Academic Standing - athlete maintains a 2.5 GPA or above.
- Coaches Discretion may be used for a junior or senior athlete who demonstrates exceptional commitment to the team and to improving as a rider.